Tuesday, April 24

Pick me uppers: Cake and Coffee at Micky's Japanese Cakes

I noticed this small cafe years ago but I never really got to try their cakes until last Saturday when I was on my way home from the doctor's clinic. I saw the big sign saying "Micky's Japanese Cakes". Tired and annoyed with all these red patches on my skin because of an allergic reaction, I needed some pick me uppers... my favorite duo: coffee and a slice of cake!



So off I went to Micky's Cafe. The walls were painted Orange and the wooden furniture added more warmth to the place. Time to check out their cake display! Their cakes looked really good and that just made it harder for me to choose which one to order. Rich chocolate cakes, cheesecakes, pies, I wanted to try them all! The lady in the counter must have noticed my dilemma and was kind enough to let me try their Tiramisu. It was heaven in a teaspoon, creamy Italian dessert with a hint of coffee, cocoa and liqueur... but that Rare Chocolate Cake caught my attention. Finally decided to order a slice of the Rare Chocolate Cake (95pesos) and a Coffee Float (120pesos), iced coffee with vanilla ice cream on top.
The Rare Chocolate Cake was quite rich but the sponge cake toned it down a bit which is great. The creaminess of the chocolate layer and the softness of the chocolate sponge cake complemented each other so well. Perfect pick!

Image
Rare Chocolate Cake

The Coffee Float fitted so perfectly with the weather. Nothing beats sipping on sweet iced coffee on a hot summer afternoon!

Image
Coffee Float

I was enjoying my cake and my coffee when I caught a glance of a Strawberry Short Cake (135pesos) being placed inside the glass display. A freshly baked Strawberry Short Cake is something that I just couldn't miss. So, even if I was almost full, I managed to make I little space in my happy tummy for this pretty white cake with fresh Strawberries on top! This sweet tooth wouldn't say no to another slice of cake.

Image
Strawberry Short Cake

The Strawberry Short Cake was so light and fluffy, not too much for a second slice! Sponge cake with sliced Strawberries and whipped cream filling and frosting.

Image
A whole Strawberry on top.

Image
Such a pretty and tasty cake!

Micky's Cafe also has pasta dishes and rice meals. I will definitely try them next time. Thanks to great desserts and coffee, I forgot about these nasty red patches on my skin for a bit.
*Micky's Cafe is located at 7 Unit B Escario Bldg. near Parklane International Hotel. It's just along the road so it's impossible to miss it. They're open Everyday except on Mondays from 11am-7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment