Wednesday, April 25

The Hungry Becomes an Artsy Fartsy at CucineRAH

Whenever my friend Yum and I would go out for dinner, we'd always think of something new to try and most of the time she lets me decide where. So on this particular night, the first place that came to my mind was CucineRAH. It's a small corner restaurant with colorful interiors. If you're coming from Ayala, make a left turn on the corner of Sarrosa Hotel and go straight, it's on the left side of the road. The place is just so inviting from the minute you walk in! 


CucineRAH
Colorful and happy!


We chose a table near their "freedom wall". Now, the difficult part... What to eat?! They offer a wide variety of dishes: Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Italian... a mix of everything. 
A sneak peek of their menu


 Yum ordered Pork Katsudon (110 pesos) and I got the Chicken Parmigiana (160pesos). So it was Japanese for her and Italian for me! I didn't get to try Yum's Katsudon but from the look on her face, I could tell she was happy with her food. Breaded pork cutlet in a sweet and savory sauce topped with egg and onions.
Pork Katsudon


I love Italian food but I wanted to try something else aside from pasta. Chicken Parmigiana! Melted cheese over breaded chicken smothered in tomato sauce, just what I was craving for. The breading was not too thick, just enough to add some crunch. The tomato sauce could have been better. I think they used the regular canned tomatoes, fresh basil would have made it more flavorful. Lastly, some gooey mozzarella on top.
Chicken Parmigiana


After finishing our food, the waiter approached us and asked if we wanted to "express". The word "express" made us giggle, it must have been the way he said it. To express is to add your own paper plate art on their freedom wall. We were feeling a bit creative that night so we took our paper plates and started drawing (or scribbling.haha!)
Ready to express!
We wanted ours to be up on this wall too. haha!
Show offs.
That's Yum's on the left and mine on the right 
CucineRAH was a great place to have dinner and do some catching up with an old friend. We had an amazing time.

1 comment: