Tuesday, April 24

Barbecue, the Korean way.



Last weekend, we had dinner at this unassuming Korean restaurant/meat shop located along A.S Fortuna street in Mandaue.  A lot may not be familiar with Pearl Meat shop and Restaurant but it has been around for almost a year already (turning a year old this May!). Most of the people who dine there are Koreans and that's actually a good thing when it comes to assessing the authenticity of the restaurant. I think we were the only Filipino customers that night! It's a simple no frills place to have some good Korean barbecue.

Pearl Meat Shop and Restaurant

Inside the restaurant

 Here's their menu:
Inexpensive, right?

We ordered Buljip Samgyeopsal (160pesos) and U-Samgyeop (180pesos). Like any other Korean restaurants, you get a bunch of free and refillable side dishes. The one very familiar to me was Kimchi, Korea's staple side dish. Unfortunately, I just couldn't eat it. The smell is too strong and it's so spicy for my taste buds (not a fan of anything spicy).

Buljip Samgyeopsal (Pork)

U-Samgyeop (Beef)

Grilling. Ready?

The waitress helping us with the cooking!

Here we go! 

That was a very filling meal even without the rice and I definitely enjoyed watching the meat being cooked in front of me, now that's some barbecue, Korean style!



* Sorry for the bad quality photos, wasn't able to bring my camera with me and used my phone instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment