Tuesday, April 24

Laid Back Dining at Cafe Rang



I heard mass with my parents at Tabor Hill one afternoon. We headed home at sundown and on the corner of Kauswagan road in Talamban, it wasn't hard to notice this cafe with warm yellow lights and big glass windows. Cafe Rang. Yes! Another new restaurant to try.

Cafe Rang

Al fresco dining area

So I went back there one evening even if it was a little bit out of the way. The cozy interiors and laid back atmosphere of this cafe make you feel at home. There was one thing I noticed though, their tables were a bit too low for people to eat comfortably.


I later learned from the waitress that Cafe Rang was supposed to offer just coffee and light snacks but the owner decided to add full meals to the menu.
So here's their menu:


I got the Chicken Cordon Bleu (150pesos) and had Garlic rice to go with it. It was a bit bland but tasty when dipped into the sauce (I asked for extra sauce.LOL) and unlike the usual Cordon Bleu that we know of, it was rolled around with crunchy vegetables instead of the usual ham and cheese. Texture was great and the chicken was juicy enough.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chester got the Sizzling Squid (180pesos) which wasn't really "sizzling", just served on a sizzling plate. Lol. He had Garlic rice to go with it too. I only tried a spoonful but I can tell that the squid was fresh and not overcooked. Not bad, I liked it actually. Oh, their meals come with free iced tea.

Sizzling Squid

It was a nice dinner with Chester, we chatted for a bit and just enjoyed the rustic feel of the cafe. Another great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment