Saturday, June 9

German On a Narrow Street

If it isn't already obvious, I love restaurants tucked away in narrow streets and quiet corners. There's a certain charm to them that you wouldn't find in regular restaurants. If you go around Cebu, you'd be surprised to see a lot of these hole-in-the-wall places just waiting to be discovered. Last night, we had dinner at Der Kaiserhof, a German restaurant which also offers other European dishes. It's located along Rahmann st. (formerly San Jose st.) in Mango Avenue. 



Der Kaiserhof

Beautifully designed interior

Romantic and Warm

Bar

I don't have a lot of experience with real German food so I can't compare it to others. There was a lot to choose from on their menu and it all sounded really good which made it difficult to decide what to get.

Menu Cover





I know that German cuisine is often portrayed as schnitzels and sausages but we didn't order those. I had Lasagne Al Forno (195pesos) while Chester had Baked Fish Fillet (275pesos). Even though we waited quite a bit for our food to be brought out, we knew that it was made fresh so that didn't really matter to us. When the food finally arrived, we were astounded at how huge the servings were. 

The Baked Fish Fillet was served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. I don't really eat fish but Chester insisted that I should taste it. He said it was the best Baked Fish Fillet he's ever had. It was pretty good and their mashed potatoes were so delicious and creamy. 

Baked Fish Fillet

Free white wine when you order Baked Fish Fillet (part of their week long anniversary celebration)

The Lasagne Al Forno was still bubbling hot from the oven when it was served. Just one word: perfect! I've tasted many different lasagnas over the years and I think it's safe to say that I'm officially obsessed with Der Kaiserhof's version of it.

Lasagne Al Forno

It was our first time at Der Kaiserhof and it immediately became one of our favorite restaurants in Cebu. Excellent food, ambiance, staff and location. We loved everything about this hidden gem!








2 comments:

  1. Very informative food blog. Discovered a lot of interesting restaurants in your blog. I'm also a food blogger and I enjoy exploring different restaurants. I will be definitely be reading your blog regularly for more information.hehe Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James!Thanks for the kind words!=)

    ReplyDelete