Friday, June 22

Come to the "House of Roasts"

If you've driven through Orchid St. lately, you've probably passed by Chez Toztar "House of Roasts", a new addition to the restaurants along this "food street". We were there during their grand opening last June 15 and we were welcomed with open arms right upon entering this stylish restaurant. 

Chez Toztar

Grand Opening Freebies?
They're on Facebook!
One thing unique about Chez Toztar is that they grow their own vegetables and herbs in their hydroponic garden (hydroponics: a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water, without soil). It's the first thing you'll see before entering the restaurant's main door. I think they're still working on completing the garden. It would be very interesting to see what other plants they'll add to it. 

Their hydroponic garden
Chez Toztar's interior wasn't what I imagined it to be. I was thinking wooden tables and chairs and warm colors. It was the exact opposite, white walls with blue lighting. Interesting, huh? The interior was nicely done! 

Cool! and I like the green in the middle!
I'm sure they all love the design too
They quickly sat us, handed out the menus and wow, a lot of food choices. Good thing I already knew what I was going to order since I've already seen some of their dishes on their Facebook page. 



Roast Beef! Sadly, it was not available that night so I got Beef Shanks in C-3 sauce (188pesos), Chester ordered Baby Back Ribs (178pesos). In my previous posts, I don't really mention the beverages we ordered since it's always the usual soda or iced tea but this time, I think their "sodas" are worth mentioning. They have Flavored Fizz Sodas (50pesos), a healthier option than the regular sodas we know. I had the Lemon Lime and Chester had the Green Tea Strawberry-Kiwi. They were so good!

Healthier option indeed
Their Flavored Fizz Sodas are served in these huge and pretty glasses
I loved the cream sauce of the Beef Shank but I found it a little tough which is common for this kind of cut. Wish there was more meat in it though, mine had more bones in it than the actual meat. Well, I had the rich cream sauce to go with my rice... Mushrooms, Corn, Cream and Cheese! haha!

Beef Shanks in C-3 Sauce
My Beef Shanks were almost all bones and Chester's Baby Back Ribs were enough for two so he shared it with me. I just love it when the meat falls off the bone! The sauce was sweet and tangy which I think goes perfectly well with the ribs. Chester said it was too sweet for his taste but not for me. Overall, we liked this dish very much.

Chef's Version of Baby Back Ribs
There are so many other dishes to try at Chez Toztar, we had a pleasant dining experience there although the service wasn't fast but that's understandable because they just opened. I'm still eyeing that Roast Beef! 




No comments:

Post a Comment