Wednesday, July 4

Magayon ang Bicol: Day 2 - Cagsawa Ruins

We woke up to a cold morning in Legazpi on our second day. I went over to the balcony as soon as I got out of bed to see what the weather was like. Windy and Gloomy. Not the kind of weather I was hoping for but it was a beautiful morning nonetheless. 

Breakfast Buffet

After having our breakfast, we met up with Froilan, our tour guide. The prize was supposed to be a guided trek up Mt. Mayon but that would be too strenuous for my mom so we had the Legazpi city tour instead. First stop was the Cagsawa Ruins. This has got to be the most photographed site in Legazpi. It's an old church built in the 18th century and destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Mayon in 1814. How can something so beautiful be so dangerous?

Cagsawa's History

Almost there!

I took my camera out and started taking pictures of the ruins when suddenly a man told us to stop taking pictures and to move to the side for a bit. Turns out that The Amazing Race Asia was filming in Legazpi. 

"no cameras please!" YIKES!
They're done filming. Yayyy! 

Now here's the fun part of our trip to the Cagsawa Ruins:

That's me scaring my tiny mother

On my mother's palm

Mom, you have to act like we're carrying something heavy!

Uhm... Why am I so happy?

Gotcha, mommy!

Mayon's too shy...

Those are the crazy camera tricks we did at Cagsawa. A trip to the Cagsawa Ruins wouldn't be complete without it! Thanks to the locals for their awesome trick shot skills. You don't need to pay them for it but it would be better if you give them some tip. 

Next stop, Daraga Church!









No comments:

Post a Comment