Sunday, July 22

Magayon ang Bicol: Small Talk Cafe

Where to have dinner on our last night in Legazpi is a no-brainer. Small Talk Cafe is a quaint restaurant located at Dona Aurora St. that serves pasta with a local twist. A family home transformed into this charming restaurant, dining at Small Talk Cafe makes you feel like having dinner in your own home.

Small Talk Cafe

Vintage photos and different paintings of the Mayon volcano can be seen around the restaurant,

I love the homey ambiance

More dining space outside

Some vintage photographs

I've read a lot of good reviews about this restaurant and have already decided what to order even before I saw their menu. 

Oh yes, let's talk PASTA!

I had my eyes set on the Pasta Mayon ever since I've read about it online, Taro leaves stuffed in Ravioli pasta with a red tuna sauce. The Taro filling was so creamy and I could tell that the pasta was made fresh with its delicate texture, loved that it was cooked just right too!

Pasta Mayon = WINNER!

Mom had the Bicol Express Pasta. I only got to try a little of it since it was too spicy for my taste. She said it was good but found it really spicy too! 

Bicol Express Pasta, spicyyy!


Small Talk Cafe's genius idea of serving pasta dishes with Bicol's local ingredients like Taro leaves and Coco Milk is a great way to show travelers how unique and special Bicol is. Apart from their famous pastas, they also have pizza, crispy pata, paella and many more. Everything on their menu is reasonably priced too!


Small Talk Cafe has made our last night in Legazpi even more special and memorable. And yes, I still crave for that Pasta Mayon every now and then. 





No comments:

Post a Comment