Friday, May 18

Third Time's the Charm at Surfin' Ribs

I'm always up for trying new restaurants here in Cebu and Surfin' Ribs has been on my radar for quite a while now. It's located along Escario street (where Flame It used to be). 

Surfin' Ribs is packed!
Today must have been my lucky day because we finally got a table after two previous attempts. I guess we got there early enough to beat the ridiculous crowd. 

Woot! We got a table!
The place filled up while we were waiting for our food, talk about perfect timing. 

More people coming in...

Their Menu:
Bobby J's Spicy crab and Chili Wings next time!
Like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter. LOL!
Tables with built in buckets! For Crab shells.
We couldn't pass up ordering their best seller: Pete's Ribs (159pesos with rice; 169pesos with mashed potatoes)! It's nice that they have two barbecue sauces you can choose from, original or spicy. We chose original, we'll try the spicy one next time. The ribs were great and their original barbecue sauce was very flavorful but quite overpowering if you don't spread it all over the ribs. I love that the meat comes off the bone easily...YUM! We ordered the one with mashed potatoes but decided to order extra rice because the ribs were quite huge and the mashed potatoes didn't quite do it for me. I found it a bit bland and dry. 

Pete's Ribs
I was surprised to see a pasta dish on their menu and being the pasta person that I am, I just couldn't resist ordering their Baked Penne (89pesos). Served hot and fresh from the oven, this dish was creamy and very cheesy! Kids would definitely love this. I noticed that they didn't use ground pork or beef for their pasta sauce, it looked like ham and corned beef to me but I could be wrong. 

Baked Penne
We had a great dining experience at Surfin' Ribs although it gets a little noisy when the restaurant is full (most of those who dine here come in groups). The staff were very polite and friendly too. This restaurant probably has the most affordable ribs in Cebu without scrimping on taste! If you're craving for that fall-off-the-bone goodness, you know where to go.

Chester's so happy. HAHA!
*Surfin’ Ribs is open from 11am-2pm and 5pm-10pm, Mondays through Saturdays (closes at 12mn on weekends).The place is pretty small and gets really packed so it would be wise to make a reservation ahead of time. 

Contact number: 0917-937-1495

1 comment: