Thursday, May 3

The Drop at Drop Po Cha

Colorful round paper lanterns and the outdoor cabanas were the first two things I noticed about this restaurant. Apparently, that was enough to tickle my curiosity and make me want to check this place out. Drop Po Cha is another restaurant I've discovered along the Banilad-Talamban road (beside Three Sixty pharmacy, near Jollibee). 

Drop Po Cha
Drop Po Cha's facade
Their menu in Korean and English
We sat outside in one of their cabanas and noticed that the restaurant was packed with Korean diners. Chester and I looked at each other obviously thinking the same thing: another Korean owned restaurant in Cebu. 

Outdoor cabana with round paper lanterns
We were in the mood for some drinks and since I don't drink beer, it was Tanduay Ice for me and a bottle of San Mig Light for Chester. I can't remember the exact prices of their drinks but it was quite expensive considering the casual vibe of the place. 

Draaaanks! Free peanuts!
For pica pica, the owner recommended that we try their Gizzard Fry. She said it was one of their best sellers so that's what we ordered. We had Gizzard Fry (200 pesos) and Korean noodles (100 pesos). 

The Gizzard Fry was a big disappointment. It was served on a sizzling plate which had more bell peppers and onions than the gizzard itself. For 200 pesos, it was not worth it. 

Gizzard Fry
The Korean noodles was basically just instant noodles. So yes, we paid 100 pesos for an ordinary Korean instant noodle. 

Noodles for two
Drop Po Cha is a nice place to chill but I think that the food is a bit overpriced and nothing special. The staff were nice and friendly but that's it. I don't think we'll be going back. 

Thank God for good company!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment